Search engine optimization for your blog
I’m sure you’ve read a lot of articles on search engine optimization for websites and portals. How about your own blog? Can you apply conventional SEO techniques on your blog? The answer is “Yes”, you can.
The blog has become more and more popular these days due to its flexibility and easy content management. Blogs and blog posts are generally search engine friendly because they are rich in text, links, and unique information. And in general, blogging is known by search engines as daily snippets of information that are updated on a regular basis, which is why they have high priority in search results.
So how can you better optimize your blog?
Well, optimizing a blog is similar to optimizing a website. But depending on the Blog service you use, for example, Blogspot, WordPress, typepad; the result and effectiveness may look somewhat different.
Here are some of the main pending tasks:
1. When setting up your blog, make sure your main keyword is in the blog domain. No matter what blog service you are using, this is a must.
For example, if you want search engines to find you by the keyword “Celebrity”, make sure it is within your domain / subdomain.
2. Try to focus on your topic and the topic of your blog. If your blog is tech-oriented, focus only on tech-related topics. Mixing content doesn’t really help SEO. The advantage of a blog comes from the frequency of publication. If search engines find similarities in a pattern of 3-4 posts per day, they will be very active in finding that site. Depending on the blog topic, you may be able to boost your blog in the rankings if it is related to a hot topic on the web.
3. Always use interesting headlines on your blog, which is sometimes referred to as “link bait”. Your title should create an interest in the reader’s mind to read more on the subject.
4. Use tags to highlight and emphasize certain keywords.
5. Link to other popular related blogs and ask them to link to yours.
6. If you are using wordpress, be sure to take full advantage of permalinks. Use nice structure with your post title on the link.
7. Use Google Sitemaps, which is a feature provided by Google for webmasters. The Google sitemap will help you index your blog well on Google.
8. There is no better food for search engines than new content and links. So update frequently and let everyone know by “pinging” all famous aggregators.
There are many other ways to optimize your blog for search engines. But whatever you do, be sure to stick to your current domain and blogging service or system for as long as you keep writing. You could end up losing a lot of readers if you move elsewhere.